cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Macbooks running OS 10.15.7 but only one can print with PIXMA MP210

pillowgiraffe
Apprentice

I am moving from my old Macbook Pro made in 2017 to a newer one made in 2020.

I want to print with a PIXMA MP210 printer with the the newer 2020 MBP.  When I go to the driver support for MP210 it tells me there's no driver for the current OS. Moreover, when I try to install the most recently available one, it tells me it's incompatible.

However, I can still print with my 2017 MBP that's using the SAME exact OS version. The only difference is that I installed the driver on the older laptop in 2017 and never removed it.

So clearly the driver CAN work with OS 10.15.7. I just can't install it on my 2020 Macbook Pro for some reason.

Can someone help me understand this?

2 REPLIES 2

FixMacs
Contributor

I recommend going to the Mac System Preferences, then selecting Printers and Scanners. Highlight the printer in the lefthand column, then click the minus button to remove the printer. Then, click the plus button to search for and add the same printer. Restart the laptop. Try printing.

The OS has built-in drivers. I would use the default driver if possible due to the lack of a downloadable driver. The laptops are both laptops but the hardware used in the two models are quite different.

Have you decided to not update the Mac OS to the current version? 11.5.1?

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

THe MP210 is not compatible with your current version of the Mac OS. The Mac does have generic printer drivers that you can try to use by clicking the + and adding the printer from system preferences but, I can't guarantee that they will work. Depending on the hardware and the processor on the Mac it might or might not connect.

If the printer is not compatible with your OS you can contact our sales department at 1-800-385-2155 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Announcements