cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to replace print head of PIXMA MX922?

britchie57
Apprentice

My printer has been sporadically not printing (have power, connections ok, ink cartridges full); paper comes out blank. Now it has stopped printing completely, only blank sheets come out. I re-seated the print head, that made no difference. Everything else looks ok. Do I need ot replace the print head now? The printer was bought in 2014 so it may be time. But before I buy that, wanted to see if there is anything else to try. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You should always try to print a nozzle test pattern as one of your troubleshooting steps:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143210

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Already did that - blank page. Did cleaning and deep cleaining - blank page. 

Hi britchie57,

Because cleanings did not get your PIXMA MX922 to print correctly, your PIXMA MX922 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Printing Blank Page is a big issue.  Google the issue.  Why hasn't Canon not addressed this?  My MX922 started printing blank pages, did all the tricks, powered on off, ran all the cleaning routines, etc. but did not clean the print head, with those tricks it started to print.  But a couple of days later it started printing blank pages again.  I went away for a month, came home, used the printer and the printer printed.  After a couple of days, the printer printed blank pages again.  Cleaned head and then did deep cleaning to see if head would fill with ink.  Ink was present in the printer head.  Printer printed blank pages.  This printer is over $450 and your response is buy a new one.  I could replace the main logic board if needed.  But there is no support from Canon.  I will save my printer for the time you call and ask for help diagnosing the issue.

@Patrick wrote:

Hi britchie57,

Because cleanings did not get your PIXMA MX922 to print correctly, your PIXMA MX922 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements