cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about a new mx922

PDXMike
Apprentice

I looking for a replacement for my old Epson Artisan 837, so far it looks like the closest Canon is the MX922.

One question I have is will it print on Prepunched 3hole paper?  I had an older Epson Stylus that would accept that paper, but the 837 won't work with it. (keeps saying paper jam , I guess there is a sensor where the holes are??)

I print quite a few manuals that need to go in 3 ring binders, and it gets pretty tiring printing then punching.  

Printing on CDs would be nice, but I have a Pro100 that can do it if needed.

Thanks 

Mike

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

KDef
Enthusiast
This works fine on mine. Works both for the front and back of the page.

View solution in original post

BillS
Mentor

Hi PDXMike,

The MX922 does not specifically support pre-punched paper, but I did a survey of other agents and engineers, and there have been no known reports of any issues using it.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks BillS.  I went ahead and bought not one but TWO MX922!  They seem to be a great printer, much quieter than the Epsons they replaced. I printed out the manual for the Image Garden software on pre-punched 3 hole paper in duplex, it didn't bat an eye! I did increase the "staple margin" in the driver so that there would be no print where the holes are, just to keep the ink off of the platen. 

3 REPLIES 3

KDef
Enthusiast
This works fine on mine. Works both for the front and back of the page.

BillS
Mentor

Hi PDXMike,

The MX922 does not specifically support pre-punched paper, but I did a survey of other agents and engineers, and there have been no known reports of any issues using it.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks BillS.  I went ahead and bought not one but TWO MX922!  They seem to be a great printer, much quieter than the Epsons they replaced. I printed out the manual for the Image Garden software on pre-punched 3 hole paper in duplex, it didn't bat an eye! I did increase the "staple margin" in the driver so that there would be no print where the holes are, just to keep the ink off of the platen. 

Announcements