cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX722 Thick Black Line on scanned document

tfeichtel
Apprentice

I have a Canon PIXMA MX722.  When scanning a document through the ADF or directly from the glass plate the document has a 1 inch thick vertical black line about 1 inch from the hand margin.  When scanning a PDF it's on the right side but JPEG is on the leftIMG_20151024_0003.jpg.  I have cleaned the glass based on suggestions from other posts.  I'm not sure what else to try to resolve this issue.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

12 REPLIES 12

Same problem on my MG6620. 1/2 inch wide down the left margin.

I have a Canon pixma TS3355 All in one Wireless Injet printer when I scan or copy there is a wide margin on the right side of the document. I too have cleaned the glass as advised, installed and unistalled the printer but nothing works. I have advised canon support but to date had no answer other than an acknowledgemnt of my query.

MelissaD
Apprentice

I have the same issue with a 2-month-old TR8520. I tried scanning for the first time a few days ago and have been looking for a solution. The bar is there when scanning on the platen, the adf, and when copying.  Is there really no fix for this problem?  I'm very disappointed that it's not working.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements