cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The scanner of my MX7600 in Windows 8.1 can not do half of what it did in Windows 7. When fixed

alove5230
Contributor

I just replaced my old desktop PC that was running Windows 7 because it stopped working. My new desktop PC is running Windows 8.1. I downloaded the new MX7600 drivers from the Canon website for Windows 8.1, and I discovered the scanner driver can not scan a double sided document in the document feeder. It says it can scan a single side only. If I scan from the flatbed (platen), it scans only one page and then it exits from the software. I can not find a way to scan a multiple page document on the document glass into a single file. And the driver can not create a PDF file. If I use the scanner controls to create a PDF file, the scanner driver discards the file. The Properties say the driver response to Save PDF File is Do Nothing. When will the Windows 8.1 drivers be updated to restore the functionality I had in Windows 7? Also, I spent 12 hours trying to download the User Manual from the Canon website, and I finally figured out the Download button on the website is only downloading the website page instead of the manual. So the website can not download a simple PDF file properly. When will all of this be fixed?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements