cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update from (Device Settings) in (Setup)

shirlcl
Apprentice

I'm getting this message on my printer (MG7120), but have no idea what it means.   

43 REPLIES 43

iggj - i think you must be a genius!  how anyone can intuitely "guess" that you can get to Setup by looking at Home in the top left hand corner and then look to the right of that , see the upper triangle and therefore hit the upper triangle key above "OK" in order to get to Setup is beyond me.  and i am sure that is beyond 99% of the other Canon users as well.

thanks for letting us know anyway.  Canon, it would be good if this could be explained a lot more clearly on the printer.

That was just what I needed having tried all sorts of things.  You have saved me a lot more hassle.  Thanks

@ronfaulkner wrote:

That was just what I needed having tried all sorts of things.  You have saved me a lot more hassle.  Thanks

@ronfaulkner wrote:

Hi, On step #3, Where do you find the shown 'Setup' button in order to tap it??
I cannot follow your directions, since I do not know where to look.

This message has been on my printer for about a year.  I think it's high time to check into it.   🙂

If the options for the update are not available, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't have device set up on my printer either?  Have you figured it out?

See "iggj"'s response.  it is impossible to find Setup using any of Canon's directions or manuals.  Where iggj got his information from, i don't know.

On the touch screen, you will see "copy:, "scan" and "cloud' icons displayed by default.  If you swipe right with your finger on the screen, more icons will appear on the screen, one of which is Setup (there are also more icons if swiping left, but those don't apply to this particular problem).  I couldn't figure out the very (seemingly) simple instructions displaying on my screen, prompting me to update the firmware, until just now realizing there are more icons available from the main screen.  My firmware has just completed updating.  Thanks for the instructions (although I suggest adding this part on how to get to the "Setup" icon).

I have read the forums on this topic and so far none of them answer my question.

My readout screen has a total of 3 functions I can access: Copy - Scan - Cloud.

I do not have a touch screen that I can swipe my finger over to access the other icons.

I do have, when I press the HOME button, 5 more icons that 'flash on once before my eyes' and although one button is green and appears to have ECO on it and another appeas to be 2 or 3 tools, the rest are gone before I can make them out.  Accessing them is impossible.

There has to be a simple answer to this problem.

Come on CANON people .... somebody, anybody, help me solve this commonly occuring problem.

As you've previously said, you have the three icons on your printer screen. You should notice there is an up triangle and a down triangle above/below the the scan icon. This means there are more options available. On your printer you've probably got a directional control pad, it probably has ok in the middle of it (surrounded with up/down/left/right arrows). if you press the up arrow. You should get new icons on your print screen. including the print setup one. Hope that helps.

Announcements