cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update from (Device Settings) in (Setup)

shirlcl
Apprentice

I'm getting this message on my printer (MG7120), but have no idea what it means.   

43 REPLIES 43

Thank you, I too have this message but my printer model is MX7520 & I don't see the option for settings at all:(

What is the approximate duration for the update to occur?  I have tried this several times over the last several months with no success.  This weekend I really wanted to get this done, so I started the update at 10:15PM Friday night ... 8PM Sunday night and it is still telling me to 'wait a while'  The only way to get my printer back is to unplug it and ignore this message.  Am I missing something obvious?

MG7120, ~50Mbps up and ~75Mbps down speeds.  I have several devices all wireless-ASUS RT-N66.  Successfully printed right before I started update to ensure proper functionality. Using Windows XP, 7, and 10.

Kind regards, Jack

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JC55,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

When I try to update the firmware, it tells me I am not connected to the internet, even though I connected the cable from the printer to both my Comcast modem, and to my Nighthawk router. How do I get the printer to recognize the connection, or how do I connect it? Thanks for your help and advice.

Thanks

looks easy but I'm getting message that "Canon cannot connect to network, to check the LAN connection & nw settings.  Connection maybe be established after a while."

I'm not sure what that means?  I have no trouble printing?  I'm networked BTW.

Hello.

The options may vary depending on the product.

If you continue to have difficulties with the update process, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a PIXMA 6620 - how do I get to the Setup button in order to update the firmware? I went through all my options and can't find the Setup - I should say - I have a Setup but it does not have an option for device settings, just user settings, and printer settings, nothing for firmware; I explored all menus; what am I missing?

Hello.

If you continue to experience the message, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Ramona,  thanks,your instructions worked and were easy to follow.

Well done, Ramona! Your instructions still work in 2017!

Announcements