cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The insane 4102 error! This is a well document error that Canon does not address??

kulardenu
Apprentice

I have the MG-2922 and this will not print a 8x10 on photo paper.  Only works with the plain paper option (looks terrible).  In other sizes eg.4x6 it only has the glossy option available.  So is there a work around or firmware update in the works that can allow you to print photos in 8x10 on say PM-101???  Cheap printers are available everywhere by other MFGs that allow photo paper options for printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For photo papers, the only sizes that are supported with the MG2922 are 4"x6" and 5"x7".  For larger photo paper sizes, a printer in a higher PIXMA series would have to be used.

If additional assistance or information is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For photo papers, the only sizes that are supported with the MG2922 are 4"x6" and 5"x7".  For larger photo paper sizes, a printer in a higher PIXMA series would have to be used.

If additional assistance or information is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Would of been nice if this was forthright in description before I purchased this printer.

I have been a Canon customer for years and have owned numerous scanners, printers, and AIOs made by Canon.

I was happy with my last PIXMA printer, but am absolutely furious that the limited photo paper size was not made clear for the MG2920 -- neither in the advertising, nor (if at all), extremely ambiguously (and seemingly deceptively) in the manuals and instructions online and offline.

I'm also deeply dissatisfied with all the reference material and support available for the machine.

I am aware it's a cheap machine.   The writing, illustration, website build and technical writing for this product are all incredibly substandard in quality.  I didn't know Canon would stoop so low; you have lost a loyal customer.

Hello Oneredfish!

Welcome to our Canon Forum Community and thanks for posting!

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with your PIXMA MG2920. We're here and want to help. For specifications, "How to Videos", the User Manual, and more information on the PIXMA MG2920 please go here: http://Canon.us/xwmh If you need additional assistance please contact our Technical Support Team by phone or email here: http://Canon.us/ContactCF

We hope this information was helpful! 

This is beyond shameful and unethical, not making it clear that it would not print a photo on all size pages that the fit into the printer might also be illegal.  I'm checking into it.  Cannon just got another, I repeat "another" report on them to the BBB.  That they are getting several shows it's getting attention.  Attention cannon might not be able to long afford.  Screw your customers cannon, you lose them.  This will be the last I and everyone I can reach out to will purchase.  Social media and the consumer protection act/BBB will spread this kind of thing far and wide.

I too am dismayed and astonished that I cannot print a glossy photo larger than 6" x 4". Had I known this I would have continued to buy Epson, whose inexpensive printers I've used for over 30 years.

I saw no mention of this serious limitation when I bought via Amazon. Today for first time I wanted to print and frame an important photo about 8" x 5" as a gift for friends whose dog had just died, so had to resort to a plain paper print.

I won't buy Canon again, and I'll warn friends and colleagues too.

Terry, UK

@oneredfish wrote:

I'm also deeply dissatisfied with all the reference material and support available for the machine.

I am aware it's a cheap machine.   The writing, illustration, website build and technical writing for this product are all incredibly substandard in quality.  I didn't know Canon would stoop so low; you have lost a loyal customer.

Me too.

Shameful deception by obfuscation from Canon.

And the run around given to people on the forum.....awful.

I don't understand why there is not a notice which states 'Please be aware that this printer cannot print A4 photograhs using glossy papers'.

Simple honesty.

No more Canon for me either.

I can't even print a 5x7 on glossy paper with my mg2922.  Cat Mad  I've had this printer for a few months, but I'm ready to give it to my church so they can have a back up printer.  I've learned my lesson:  don't buy canon products.  I should have saved the $50 I just spent on ink and put it towards a better, more options offered printer.  Like Lexmark.  Why I switched, I don't know.  The help forum is a joke unless you want to pay $28 on a technician just to have them tell me there's nothing that can be done because this is a very poor printer.

I can't even print a 5x7 on glossy.  Very bad printer I unfortunately purchased.  Going back to Lexmark.  Should have stayed with that brand when my old one wore out.  Printed wonderful pictures in 8x10, 5x7 and 4x6.  AND on glossy paper.

Announcements