cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2500 Series - The bottom of the page always cut off

AR1515
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to reset the default automatic margins on Canon PIXMA MG2500 series driver?

I've been changing all margins on my documents to 0cm, but there ll be always margins showed up when I printed the documents, especially the bottom so it's always cutting off the bottom of the page. So I know it must be the driver. The automatic margin that always showed up on the bottom of the page is around 1,6 cm. There's also no option on the Printing Preferences to change them. I'm using Windows 10, by the way.

53 REPLIES 53

No. This does not work.

Rumplestilkson
Apprentice

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Canon MG2500 printer
using USB to connect to PC

Went to Canon My Printer
-> Printer Settings
->-> Quick Setup
->->-> Ensure Commonly Used Settings has BUSINESS DOCUMENT selected
I use Draft on print quality and A4 for paper size and Ican now get my footers
to print correctly on my papers. I might not ork for anybody else, not sure if
the problem is still ongoing, just got my printer from Walmart and was having
issues and started troubleshooting.

ns
Contributor

Thank you so much for your help. However (and I am not sure why) the printer has been printing correctly on letter size papaer for several years and I have not had this or any problem with it for a long time (except the problem of retrieving bits of paper after a paper jam). It's actually been my best printer so far of any I've had. 

Sctt2525
Apprentice

If so many people are having this same problem, Canon should issue a recall or find a real solution.

I gave up trying on my older Toshiba with win7 and fought thru the headache of downloading the driver to a newer HP with win 11. The results were exactly the same. 

Announcements