cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2500 Series - The bottom of the page always cut off

AR1515
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to reset the default automatic margins on Canon PIXMA MG2500 series driver?

I've been changing all margins on my documents to 0cm, but there ll be always margins showed up when I printed the documents, especially the bottom so it's always cutting off the bottom of the page. So I know it must be the driver. The automatic margin that always showed up on the bottom of the page is around 1,6 cm. There's also no option on the Printing Preferences to change them. I'm using Windows 10, by the way.

53 REPLIES 53

Hi ns,

Thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Canon Forums.

We appreciate your participation, however, for the community to best assist you can you provide us with the following information:

1. Operating System of the computer?
  2. How is your printer connected?
  3. What type and size of paper are you using? ex. 4x6 glossy photo paper or A4 plain paper

If you are in the USA and need immediate assistance please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to help! If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

1. OS 10.13.6

2. Wireless

3. Letter size paper.

Thanks for any help.

ns
Contributor

The US letter size paper is plain paper.

I have just purchased the MG3050 and I am having the same problem.  Printer setup over the network. A4 paper.  Windows 10 and Serif PagePlus X9.  The document prints OK to my Epson P600.

Hi dr_taylor,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ns,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

You can also click HERE to open the support page for you printer and contact support with our live chat feature.

We look forward to hearing from you

I am baffled.  This problem has been reported for at least four years.  How in the world can Canon's apps or design engineers need more information?!  

Blakrow
Contributor
@ddahlke13 did you try out the tips i posted in the previous page ?

Guess_Who
Apprentice

Hi i have had that problem also while trying to print form for taxs, what i did that helped me was went to more settings then scale to custom set the number to 96 it now prints out everything.

luis1
Apprentice

all you have to do is go to the canon quick menu and once you are there, you have to click on the icon for "open my printer" (sorry that my windows is on spanish) well is where ir says "iniciar my printer" once you do that then you click on the "printer settings" is where on my pic "configuracion de la impresora" and once you do that we have to go to the second step

Captura para canon.PNG

then you hit "paper size for the printer" that is where in my pc says "tamaño de papel para la impresora" and then you click on the tab "page setting" that is where on my picture says configurar pagina and then select the 8.5 X 11 letter  22cmX28cm and then we go to the third and last step. (would be good if you follow the numbers on the pictures).Captura.PNG

this is the last step the third one and most important I would say: 

you have to click on the combo menu that says "Paper size" where in my pic says "tamaño de papel" once you do that you look for the letter size and then you choose 8.5 X 11 and it  says letter 22cmX28 then you click on the "page adjust" and then  he same with the menu that says "paper size for printer" where in picture says "tamaño del papel de impresora" and look for exacly the same "Letter 22cmX28cm 8.5 X 11" and then hit accept and try printing something and you will see that is fixed.

I also had the same problem with the copying part but this fixed I guess, let me try, and it's working but then I did the fourth sterp (optional as its for the copying part)

Captura 1.PNG

please let me know if that helped you, and give the thanks to God. 

Captura 2.PNG

Announcements