cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9521C prints wirelessly but does not connect in scan mode

michaeljbolte
Apprentice

This seems to be a common complaint, but I have not come across a solution.

Just set up TS9521C. Prints fine from my computer via the wireless network, but running the IJ Scan Utility I get this error:

Cannot communicate with scanner. Possible reasons:
- Scanner is turned off.
- (If using wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from wired LAN.
- (If using Wi-Fi connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.
- (If using USB connection) USB cable is disconnected.
- Other software or another user is using the scanner.

Please check and try again.

None of those things are the problem.

I downloaded the latest version of IJ Scan Utility. Still have the same problem.

Macbook Pro with OSX 10.13.6

any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi michaeljbolte,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility.  In the upper right corner, please click the Refresh button.

IJScanUtility.jpg

Select your TS9520 series from the list and then attempt to scan.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

no refresh button on ijscan

ashishuts
Apprentice

Hi, were you able to solve this problem. I have started encountering the same problem with my printer. I am able to print but it is not getting recognized for scanning. Will highly appreciate your response. Thanks.

NDLYA97
Apprentice

Hi,

I recently got this printer as well and was getting the same error message. I ended up fixing the problem for myself and hope it helps anyone else. The computer I use runs Windows 10.

I went into the wi-fi settings for the network I was currently connected to and changed my "network profile setting" from "Public" to "Private". If this doesn't help it could possibly be a firewall issue and may need actual IT support to give access somehow.

Announcements