cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9521C failure to update

jdnyc
Apprentice

The printer requsted to update. I agreed and now I have a blank screnn and a flashing power button light. If I unplug, it begins the update and then say "failed update press start button to try again"

3 REPLIES 3

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi jdnyc,

With the information provided, it appears the printer is still attempting to install the failed firmware update. To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend power cycling the router while the printer's power cord is still disconnected. 

When power cycling the router the router, disconnect the power cord for approximately 30 seconds, after the power cord is reconnected it will take approximately 2 minutes for the network to be fully up. After the network is fully up, plug the printer in and power it on. This should allow the printer to have a successful firmware update.

I have tried this 3 times with the same results. Is there another way to reset this printer?

Hi jdnyc,

With the error the printer is experiencing, it will require servicing. We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative HERE to obtain your servicing options. Another option is to contact one of our chat agents by clicking HERE and clicking on the "Have a Question box in the lower right corner. A representative will be happy to assist you.

Announcements