cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9521C Won't print from main cassette, only rear tray

leahherman
Apprentice

This happens regularly with my TS9521C.

I put in the command to print from the front, main cassette.

The printer insists it must print from the rear cassette. OH MY GOD!

What the heck do I have to do to get this machine to consistently print from the main cassette and not the rear tray?

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Welcome,

Great description of your problem, but we don't know anything about your environment besides your printer model.

General advice;

When this behavior occurs, its typically because the default settings for the device have been changed.  Often unntentionally.

Somewhere, the printer has been told to feed from the rear input tray.  The most common place is in the printer driver configuration.  Depending on the OS, there might be more than one place to look.  In the printer's properties, or in the driver itself.  With a little patience, I'm sure you'll be able to find it.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi leahherman ,

From the main screen of your PIXMA TS9521C, please tap the gear icon at the bottom.  it is the one to the left of the "?".

Tap Feed Settings and then tap Cassette paper settings.

Is the cassette paper settings set to Letter and Plain Paper?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

For 7520 there are no feed settings - so I cannot change to make all printing from cassette and not rear tray

I am about to quit using this canon printer and go back to hp printers -- never knew such a basic input as selecting the cassette tray would be impossible to do on a default basis

Before this happened my wife was not happy I chose a canon printer.  The HP worked fine (until it didn't) and was very user friendly.  And now this.

Luraschi
Apprentice

I have just the opposite problem with the TS6251. I cannot get it to print from the rear tray.

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

I'm having this issue now - how did you resolve it?

Announcements