cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9120 Won't print whole page

Blurgh
Apprentice

My TS9120 always leaves the last several lines off of each page.  Since I got the printer to print legal documents requiring signatures, this means it is just taking up space in my house.  How do I make it useful?

26 REPLIES 26

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There isn't much needed to have the printer output legal size docs.  Specify "Legal" (8.5 x 14) in the print driver and load this paper in the rear cassette. 

If this doesn't work, you can specify legal by registering the paper size for the rear tray. 

PS.png

See page 73 of your user manual.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks.  I actually didn't mean legal size documents, they are all standard 8.5X11 -- I only mentioned the legal context to emphasize that I need every line on each page to print or the doc is not effective.  It doesn't have to do with the size of the page, simply that the printer drops the last 3-4 lines of each page.  any help there?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Blurgh,

Is your paper loaded in the cassette or rear tray?

What size paper is loaded in your printer?

What version of Windows (or OSX) is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

All the paper is 8.5x11 and is loaded in the cassette.  The OS is Windows 10.  I want to emphasize again this is not about paper size.  When I first got the printer, it printed every line on every page.  I haven't changed anything about paper size, paper tray or OS, but now it drops the last several lines on each page.  Thanks in advance for any help.

I have the same issue on my TS9120.  Just started a couple weeks ago.  Had been printing fine since I bought it many months ago.  Then there was a paper jam.  Every since then it stops printing "early" - a couple lines short of document - when it is a full page of text.  The last line it prints is not a full line - just the top 20% of the characters.  Tried reseting printer, reloading drivers, etc.   nothing working.  Thoughts?  

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi FPL,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same exact problem that occured after a paper jam.  I have contacted support twice.  The first time I was told to use borderless printing in my printing prefences. It did work even though you get a warning not to use it  with plain paper and it worked when I tested it while on the phone with the support person.  When I tried it afterward, it no longer worked.  What's more, it cannot be used with the paper saving option or any other option other than standard. It certainly cannot be used with duplex printing.  So I called support again thinking I somehow misunderstood or set my preferences incorrectly.  This time I was instructed to uninstall the printer and reinstall it but using the downloaded drivers, not Microsoft drivers.  Then I was told to set my preferences the way I wanted them BUT if printing from the internet or using adobe, use the "shrink to fit" option (not to be confused with the "fit to page" option on PageSetup tab in your Printer preference window found in Control Panel Settings) Well this worked again, while on the phone with the support person but does not work every time. I am pretty much done with Canon.  I would just like to set my preferences and forget it and have a printer that works but that is not to be.  On the upside, I am not experiencing the frequent paper jams anymore.  I don't know if it is the printer, the drivers, the firmware or Microsoft.  Very frustrating. As long as I am complaining I would like to add that ink for this model is very very expensive.

AKKaren
Apprentice
I had the same problem. I hope you resolved your issue, but if not I finally did a deep cleaning under maintenance and the issue was resolved. It warns you it will take a lot of ink, but it didn't seem to use that much. Hope this helps!

Did all the tests I could do and it did not help.  😣

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements