cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9120 Won't print whole page

Blurgh
Apprentice

My TS9120 always leaves the last several lines off of each page.  Since I got the printer to print legal documents requiring signatures, this means it is just taking up space in my house.  How do I make it useful?

26 REPLIES 26

Hello vfal and AKKaren.

In addition to ensuring the page will fit on the page to which you're printing (Shrink to Fit), particularly large or complicated pages may require a stronger signal strength between the printer and router (we recommend at least 70%). Low signal strength may result in slower print speeds and incomplete printing.  The signal strength may be found in the TS9120's wifi settings (tap the wifi icon on the home screen and, if prompted, agree to display passwords).

Keep in mind that, while the settings in Printing Preferences apply to most printing, some programs (such as Adobe or Google products) tend to feature their own proprietary print interface, and their own independent print settings.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have been struggling with this issue for some time with my Canon TS9020 (on Windows 10 Pro). At first it worked great, I was very happy, then, a couple days before the warranty ran out, it started paper jamming every time I duplex printed, so I had to stop doing that. I didn't do an RMA, and I'm regretting that, because then it started cutting off the last few lines of every page. No fix worked, except that I was able to print things at a reduced size and get the whole page.

Now, it just prints the top quarter of the page. It's a completely useless piece of garbage. I've checked all my printer settings, paper settings, wifi strength (89% 3 feet from the router), turned off/unplugged, reinstalled printer drivers, updated drivers, everything. Nothing works. The only thing that almost works is if I set the print quality to "high", then it will take forever to print two thirds of an amazon receipt, which is moslty a white page.

It's been a giant waste of time and money and I can't get the things done than I need done. At this point, I feel like Canon sold me a **bleep** product (I typed something other than "bleep") and should probably refund me for the printer, and all the time their junk product wasted. Not to mention all the ink an paper wasted on trying to fix it.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.  I had the same exact experience after a paper jam.  I have since started printing from the rear tray as the paper goes straight thru without wrapping around the rollers for duplex printing.  It still will not print a full page no matter what settings I have tried and no matter if it is an Adobe or Google product or not.  Besides that is not even a legitimate excuse as the problem did not exist before the paper jams. Moreover , Adobe documents from the internet are what I most need to print.

FPL
Apprentice
Had a similar issue after paper jam. Called support. They asked me to make a copy of a page to see if that was also an issue (a copy wouldn’t print the last several lines of a page). Copying had the same issue as printing. Rep said nothing he could do would fix it. Luckily I still had a month of warranty and was shipped a new printer.

Sleonard
Apprentice

I have a ts8220, purchased Dec 18, so its out of warranty.  All of the same issues mentioned here.  Using windows 10 on a Surface Go, smart devices and a pc.  I used to be able to duplex, print pdf's, photos, no problems.  Recently experienced a paper jam with the duplex and I haven't been able to print a full page since.  Paper jams about every 3rd or so sheet regardless of the feed and it won't print the entire page.  I've tried installing new drivers and just about every setting imaginable. 

I really need the printer to function as I'm working from home during the pandemic.  Canon apparently has a problem.  If I find time, I may contact canon, but my guess is it would be a waste of time.  I don't know what I'll purchase next, but I guarantee it won't be another Canon.  Anybody wanna buy some some slightly used 280/281 ink cartridges?

Hi Sleonard,

If you are experiencing paper feeding issues after a jam there are a few steps you can try. In this situation, I would suggest starting by opening the rear of the printer using the steps provided HERE to check for any obstructions or torn paper.

If you are still having feed problems after inspecting the rear, you can try a roller cleaning using the steps in the link provided HERE.

If the printer is still not feeding paper properly, it looks like there is something wrong with the paper feed. Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

The line to do so is perpetually busy.  I tried as I would like to take advantage of that service.  Can you tell me if the printer is replaced with a new or refurbished one?  Is it the same model?  What do I do with the old printer? By the way, because of the paper jamming some tests cannot be completed.  The paper jams.

Hector, I just called and got thru!  YAY.  However, the offered discount toward a new purchase is 10%.  The cost on the website for my TS9120 which is just shy of two years old is $199.99.  I bought it May 16, 2018 at Best Buy for $149.00.  It is now rendered useless to me because it will not print duplex without jamming.  It will not print a full page no matter the settings.  It cuts the top or bottom.  The ink costs a fortune and runs out quickly.  And my only recourse is an upgrade for 10%?  I think I will not consider Canon for my printer needs again.  So sad.

UPDATE

I know I said I would not buy another canon printer but I just did. I had to. I purchased ink right before the TS9120 became inoperable.A tiny little plastic piece broke> It somehow guided the paper and was probably the reason for the paper jams that started the whole "can't print the whole page" episode. Part of the reason I resorted to a Canon again is because there are very few printers to be had anywhere and this was purely an economical move for me.  So my new printer, TR8520 is way more than I need and probably much more complicated for more things to go wrong but if lasts at least a year I guess I am ahead of the game. 

Hi,

I just registered here to express my deepest frustration with this product. 

i spent 3 hours yesterday trying to figure it out iwth my sons printer. 

Reading all what ws posted above - it is NOT the drivers, nor anything related to the computers. 

Our problems began exactly like other people stated - son tried to do double side printing, it worked fine for a several months, then it started giving him paper jam 1300 error - with that nothing was jammed,just pringting was halted at the middle of the page and page remains in the printer. 

so he started doing single side printing only. **bleep** thing started skipping printing random amount of lines at the bottom of the page - it would not matter what paper was used - A4 or letter. 

then it would stop printing after first third of the page - making it totally useless. in all scenarios printer would feed in fine, from rear tray or cassette - does not matter, prints, then it stops and just sits there with no ejecting paper. no error is shown, it just sits. 

if you power cycle it - it drains ink, then spins out 2 pages of paper - so the feeder was always fine. 

i tried yesterday to use an imbedded print function to print default templates - those were also printing bad, skipping bottom of the page. 

some other functions - like an attempt to print head alignment would not work at all. 

the worst thing is - with all those processes **bleep** thing was invoking heads cleaning in the loop, constantly. we started with a full set of brand new ink, and just from an attempt to print 5 or 6 pages in black in white - the damnthing drained a complete $80 set of color inks. 

i beleive the issue is 100% mechanical - it has to be some sensor in there that gets faulty, as the issue has nothing to do with drivers, windows or mac or printing from its own internal menu - it fails in any scenario. it is a hardware issue 100%. 

i looked and sniffed all around this thing - i cannot find where that sensor can be. may be it is on the printer head itself, as i did not take that apart yet. 

it is very upsettig to see how we all get the same issue with this garnage product and all we get are request to call some hel pdesk line that will start idiotic routine of pressing buttons in order to drain even more ink. 

and, again, it is really only started happening after the FIRST fake jam error appeared during double page printing. then it all went downhill and never worked properly again.

i also presumed it was a driver thing initially, but, nope. it is not at all.
Announcements