cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9120 Unboxed - all Canon cartidges - lid won't close

Canonized
Apprentice

I've called tech support and have been told to remove and then re-seat the Canon cartridges going from left to right (?) and have tried turning the printer off and then on, unplugging it, to no avail. I've swept my fingers under that spot where the white sticker sits to the right of the cartridges (also the framing on the left side, as well) in case any orange bits or tape may have landed there. The cartridges are level, though I did not get much of a "snap" and I've allowed the lid to come to a close on its own, after drawing it up to the max and then letting it go - there is a half-inch gap where the scanner glass framework will not go any farther down, and of course, the gray top lid is resting on that. It obviously shouldn't be forced. I've been told to take a video, and that they might have to send return packaging to me, so that I can pack it up and have them replace it. I want to like this printer. What is wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please contact our phone support group for continued assistance with your issue.  Our phone support group can be reached at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666) from 10AM to 10PM EST Monday through Friday.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Canonized
Apprentice

I'll answer my own question - the printer had to go on a shelf at chin height and it was tough to get "leverage" on the cartridges. Taking it down to a lower shelf means you tip the back of each cartridge (no clip) down slightly, so that it slides under the framework, and makes it easier to push down gently and get that snap as it seats into place (it's suggested that you go from left to right). Because this printer is much lighter than my earlier Canon, it's easy to then move it up to the shelf where it has to be, even on your own. I hope this helps someone else.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements