cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9120 - Closing the Operation Panel

drjensen58
Apprentice

Simple question:  How do I close the operation panel on my new TS9120 printer?  The operation manual does not cover this, and I do not want to break it.  The panel does not seem to want to be pushed down.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi drjensen58,

To close the operation panel you will first want to make sure the paper output tray is closed. Once the paper output tray if closed, you can push down on the operation panel to close it.

About halfway you may noticed some resistance. This is normal and if you keep pushing the panel down, it will close all the way.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi drjensen58,

To close the operation panel you will first want to make sure the paper output tray is closed. Once the paper output tray if closed, you can push down on the operation panel to close it.

About halfway you may noticed some resistance. This is normal and if you keep pushing the panel down, it will close all the way.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is a manual close, correct?  The tray does not automatically retract?

CanonJay306
Apprentice
Yeah I feel you guys on this issue, if it really is a manual close it should mention it. Doesn’t feel right.. I mean now that I know this it’s fine, but the first attempt without knowing felt wrong.

bobschaffer27
Apprentice
I have the TR8620. I have the same question. It feels very mechanical when closing the control panel, like I’m pushing the gears backwards and may break it. My previous MX892 opened and closed very smoothly, although it was only the paper tray since the control panel was on top. I just wish the movement was the same mechanically.
Announcements