cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9120 Auto Retract Paper Tray & Door?

marvinj920
Apprentice

I've had my TS9120 for about a month now, and love it! But there are 2 things that have bugged me from the start.:

1. When I power off the printer from the physical button, why does it ask to retract the tray? If I'm powering it off, I've obviously pulled the paper out of the tray, of course I want the tray retracted! lol
  2. Whe the tray retracts, why doesn't the door auto close too?

I understand why it doesn't do these things when AUTO powering off, as paper could be left in the tray. But if I'm physically hitting the power button, I feel it should completely close up.

Am I the only one? And let me know if I'm missing something!

1 REPLY 1

Icedragonslair
Apprentice

I just purchased mine after trading in a cheaper epson xp-830 and I must say I am very displease with both the features and quality for a $200 all-in-one printer that has no fax.

So far the 830 has it all over this from ease of install, use and basic features for $70 less. Not to mention the manual mentions full ink cartridges. this is not true when the cartridges themselves are labeled 'setup'.

As far as the pet peaves of the original poster on this thread, they are correct. I have gone through the menus and these are my responses:

I've had my TS9120 for about a month now, and love it! But there are 2 things that have 
bugged me from the start.: 1. When I power off the printer from the physical button, why does it ask to retract the tray?
If I'm powering it off, I've obviously pulled the paper out of the tray, of course I want
the tray retracted! lol

My two cents: I agree with this completely, but let's go one further. Why can't this thing detect paper in the tray, for the money it should do just that and clase when it can, and stay open when it detects something in the tray.

2. When the tray retracts, why doesn't the door auto close too?

My two cents: The screen/door should definitely close as well. In fact for the money, this should be a completely moot point.

Also, the photo quality is most certainly not worth the extra money for this thing.

There you have it, it would be nice for someone from Canon to at least respond with some answers...before I return this for the better/cheaper epson printer 

Announcements