cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9100 series Mac driver

vincentkhm
Apprentice
I have just bought a TS9120 and found that it only has AirPrint driver. I want to use the features such as draft mode and ColorSync. Why not provide the full feature CUPS driver like the previous TS8000 series?
8 REPLIES 8

BillS
Mentor

Hi vincentkhm,

Canon is working with Apple to ensure long-term compatibility by using Apple native programs.  Apple is committing more to AirPrint, and Canon endeavors to serve those customers  based on available resources.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So, as of this time, there is no option to print in draft mode with any setting via my Mac and new TS 9120?    

Thank you

Well, I think me has the answer with the lack of any response.  Canon, I thank you for the words of wisdom, and keep putting out printers that promote wastage of ink.  It's all about profit!  

I was surprised and dismayed by this "feature" as well on my brand-new TS9120 printer. Draft mode has always met most of my family's printing needs so I expect our ink consumption will increase significantly.  Perhaps Canon should review the following pronouncement from its website: "Generation Green is Canon's environmental initiative that aims to reduce the environmental burdens in all stages of a product's lifecycle. This program encompasses eligible Canon scanners, PIXMA inkjet printers, imageCLASS laser printers, copiers, calculators and imagePROGRAF Large Format Printers." Maybe Canon could send a copy of this Green Mission Statement to Apple so Mr. Cook can compare it to his.

I am very, very disapointed by the lack of the draft quality option on Mac OS. @Canon are you still working on solutions for this or should we assume we will never be able to print in draft quality? How unfortunate...really makes me regret this purchase. 

TomSal
Apprentice

I just bought the TS9100.  Has the MacOS issue been fixed yet?  I uploaded the lastest Canon update and now it says there is no driver for my Mac.

Hi TomSal.

Drivers for the TS9100 series on Mac OS are provided by Apple.  When installing using the Printers & Scanners menu's Add window, it should provide the option of Airprint or SecureAirprint drivers.  If neither of these are showing up, ensure the TS9100 series printer is connected to a network with internet access, then try updating the firmware.

If a driver still isn't presented after updating the firmware, then the problem may be caused by security software or another conflicting program or app.  If that is the case, you'll need to contact Apple Support (non-Canon link: http://support.apple.com) for help obtaining the Airprint or SecureAirprint drivers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Apple’s AirPrint document lists all the other TS91xx, except the TS9100.  However, I did manage to get my iPad to work on my local network.  Thx.

Announcements