cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9020 printer printing VERY slowly!

BaznJosh
Contributor

Recently, my Canon TS9020 started printing everything REALLY slowly! I mean at a glacial pace!!! It can take almost 30 minutes to post ONE thing. And not photos, these are line drawings. I have settings on regulatrUS legal paper, draft. This is SO annoying. And to be honest, Canon's custemer service is pretty abyssmal. Can anyone here help? I'm printing via wi-fi

5 REPLIES 5

The printer is running incredibly slow. It never used to! We could print quickly from my MacBook, iPhones, Androids etc. No problems. Then all of a sudden, last week, it started taking FOREVER. Like it was printing phot quality, but the settings are for plain paper at normal speed.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BaznJosh,

So we can best assist you, we would need some more information to help narrow down this issue.

1. Are copies made directly from the printer slow as well?
  2. What is the signal strength of the printer? (Click HERE for steps on how to print the network settings)
  3. On you Mac are you using AirPrint or did you download the printer drivers?
  4. On your phones are you using the Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app?

We look forward to your reply.

Please note: If you would like to speak in real time with a chat agent, please click HERE and in the chat box ask to speak with a live agent or you can call 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

I downloaded the drivers.

I am printing from Photoshop and Preview.

Photocopies aren't slow.

Signal strength is 72%

I am now printing via USB cable, and it is STILL running VERY VERY Slowly!!!

This is so frustrating!!!

It was working fine a couple of weeks ago.

With the USB cable is is scanning as fast as it used to, so it's just a problem with the printing now.

Announcements