cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9020 printer not responding

dot-2630673
Contributor

I need help with this problem.  I had unplugged printer, restarted computer, checked all the connections.  It is connected to the WiFi.  Is there anyone that can help me.  Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Jhadzia
Apprentice

My TS9020 that is less than 3 weeks old just stopped printing and said that there was an obstruction. There was no visible obstruction and turning the printer off and back on did not correct the issue. I opened the cover and the ink would not move to the center as it normally would. Upon closer look, I saw a cogg wheel laying next to the ink. This cog wheel was easily put back onto the post that obviously looked empty.

Printer is back working fine again. I'm not sure how it came lose as I was printing single page sheets and it just suddenly dislodged. Maybe something to look into, Canon.

dot-2630673
Contributor

Jhadzia, hello. I have had this problem several times.  I finally called canon support 8006522666. They uninstalled the printer and re-installed it.  They told me it could be that my norton protection is blocking certain elements.  Anyway the uninstalling and reinstalling worked.  Give them a call unless you are tech savvy.

I'm not sure the issue was conveyed correctly. I'm only a bit tech-savvy, but I do know that an uninstall and reinstall will not fix a gear falling off inside the printer. A cog wheel/gear fell off inside the printer. Only putting it back will fix it.

Announcements