cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9020 Wont recognize ink cartridge

jkjoller
Apprentice

I've seen multiple posts on this topic but cannot find any answers.

Details:

- 27" iMac using OSX Catalina (Is the upgrade to the new OS causing the problem? I've searched and can't find a definitive answer. I did download latest drivers (said for OS Mojave though) and that did not do anything).

- Pretty new Pixma TS 9020 (about a year or year and half old or so)

- Haven't had any issues printing or scanning for months (Just started last week out of the blue)

- Error code1660 just popped up and the printer will show certain cartridges as "unrecognizable

What I've done (not in this order though)

- Pulled cartridges out and placed back in

- Been using ONLY original Canon ink

- Replaced all 6 cartridges with new original Canon ink

- Reset printer, restarted printer, unplugged, etc. All the options I read to reset the printer.

- Nothing is working and everytime I turn the printer on and off, it shows different cartridges as being unrecognizable. First it was yellow, then it was cyan and magenta, then all six, then just black. so it keeps changing on which are not recognized.

Please help or I'm throwing this piece of junk off a cliff and never buying Canon products again.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are Catalina specific (10.15) drivers and software avaialable for the TS9020 here 

I suggest you start by removing the printer from Printer and Scanners and remove all (Mojave) software from your machine. 

Restart your MAC.  Now reinstall using the Catalina drivers and software. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Shadowsports. Tried your solution and unfortunately did not work. Printer continues to show different cartridges as not "recognized". For example, it will show yellow and cyan as not recongized. I'll turn the printer on and off and then it will say black is not recognized. Changes everytime I restart the printer. I've tried numerous solutions from different posts. I guess I have to throw this away and buy a new brand. Very frustrating.

Hi, jkjoller.

What series number is listed on the label of each of the new ink tanks?  The TS9020 is only compatible with the CLI-271 and (for the PGBK slot) PGI-270.  Other series of ink, whether Canon or not, are not supported for use with the TS9020.

Additionally, the CLI-270 BK will not be readable by the PGBK slot, and the PGI-270 BK will not be readable by the BK slot.  The two ink tanks use different types of black ink, and are not interchangeable.

If the inks installed are of the correct series, and in the correct respective slots, then please contact us at 1-800 OK CANON (1-800-652-2666) 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

270/271 are the only inks I have used (and only Canon ink no compatible inks). They are all installed correctly. I have even purchased all new ink tanks and that did not work. Now calling the support number provided to see if that will work.

Announcements