cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9020 - Printing Lines on Photos

dgj93
Contributor

My PIXMA TS9020 has been printing with stutter-step kind of lines on my photos. I've tried the auto head alignment multiple times and both done the cleaning and deep cleaning for the print head, but it hasn't improved the issue. I've also tried taking out and reseating the ink cartridges. Any suggestions? I've included a scan below. 

Photo Print Issue.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dgj93,

What paper type are you using and who is the manufacturer of that paper?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If using Mac, what version of OS X is installed?

What program are you using to print your photo?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Paper type - matte photo, Staples brand (it's been consistently the best for the type of printing I need to do)

Windows Version - Windows 10

Program to Print - Photoshop Elements 2019

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dgj93,

After you ran the cleanings, did you print the nozzle check? If so did you notices the same lines in the color bars of the nozzle check?

We look forward to your reply.

I ran another nozzle check this morning to look. It seems like there are some barely visible lines on the lightest cyan block, although they're so faint that it's a little hard to tell. The edges of the top BK block are also not quite aligned across - it looks like there's a minimal offset.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI dgj93,

This can be caused by the paper settings in the printer driver not matching the settings that the paper manufacturer recommends the drievr be set to.

What paper type do you have selected when printing?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have matte photo paper selected when I'm printing on matte photo and plain when I'm using printer paper.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Double check to make sure that the correct side of the photo paper is being printed on.  If the issue persists, try printing the photo from our Easy-PhotoPrint Editor program to see if the results improve.  Visit the following link to download the program:

PIXMA TS9020 Drivers & Downloads

If the issue still persists, please try using an entirely different type of photo paper to narrow down the cause of the issue.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

I've been specifically using Photoshop because it gives me the highest quality prints and I didn't have this issue until recently, so I don't think it's software related. Any other suggestions?

Announcements