cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8251 will not autoretract tray

cptnkirk
Apprentice

Hi - I've got the printer now for only a couple of weeks and cannot get it to retrach the tray after it switches into ECO mode.

Is there a setting that I missed?

If I manually shut it down - it askes me to retract the tray - and this works - the tray does retract - but the panel stays up.

Mayb there is a reason for this?

I have the printer cloud enabled and I can print good with my and my wife's mobile.

When I then get to my office the printout are in the tray.

If it did shut the tray with the printouts in it - then this would not be good either.

So - question is: Does it retract the tray automatically - i.e. does it check that it has paper in the tray? And if it does it will not retract?

When I've taken the printouts from the tray and it goes into standby - it will not retract the tray - only when I manually do this.

Please can an engineer explain what can be done with the autoretract - and how should it work?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Perfect - if anyone else has this problem - please go to a different country and it may work.

I will let you know if a different country fixes this problem.

Brilliant engineering reply.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Abel
Enthusiast

Hello!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps.

Perfect - if anyone else has this problem - please go to a different country and it may work.

I will let you know if a different country fixes this problem.

Brilliant engineering reply.

Announcements