cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8220 off line

ALAP
Apprentice

If printer sits idle for a while and I try to print, I get a message that it is off line. I have to recycle power to print.  Auto power off is set to never, and auto power on is set to on. Any thoughts would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Is the printer connected to your computer with a USB cable, or is it being used on a network?  If it is on a network, you can try reserving an IP address for the printer on your router to see if this will help.  Check the documentation for your router or contact the router provider/manufacturer for assistance with reserving/assigning IP addresses to devices that connect to the network.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It's on a network. I have already tried reserving an IP just for the printer when I first discoverd the problem. I also connected it via USB and it does the same thing. Apparently, it does not like to come out of "sleep mode" Could this be a firmware issue?.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

When switching from one connection to another (network to USB), the drivers need to be reinstalled.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did reinstall the drivers. I have many years of expierience troubleshooting this type of issue. The company I work for has equipment that sometimes does not come out of sleep mode so that's why I asked if it could be firmware. I will contact Canon support. Thank you.

Announcements