cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8120 print tray auto retract

timinct
Contributor

I have the printer set up to retract the tray upon power off in the eco mode.  It says that depending on the angle of the control panel it may not retract.  What is the angle supposed to be?  When you print the panel automatically opens and the tray comes out.  Without moving the panel angle it will not retract the tray when it powers down.  I tried opening the panel all the way up and it still did not retract the tray.  I tried closing the panel and it still did not retract the tray.

What angle does it need to be at????

If you print and do not move it then it should retract but it will not.

It appears that it does not matter what angle the control panel is in this functioin will not work.

I just bought it last week and it has the latestest firmware version.

13 REPLIES 13

I just bought the TS8220 and I can say that the issue has not been resolved. I checked the firmware and it says it has the latest version. As previously stated, the tray will auto-retract upon manually pushing the power button, but does not auto-rertact when it auto-power off. This is not a [huge] issue, but it's an advertised feature and iall advertised features should work. It's simply a bug in the code that needs to be fixed. 

The only other anomally is what when scanning a document, it creates a temp image in the folder you have set as your destination. When you click Save As and give the document a name it saves that document in the folder with the name you wanted. That's all great...but it leaves the temp image there too. So, over time it will just eat up disks space unless you manaulyl delete them. This printer replaced a Canon MG6820 that used the Image Garden to so the scanning. That App worked great and did not leave the temp files in place.

Other than the two items above, I am very pleased with the printer. 

First of all I'm also happy with the printer but as everyone else - cannot get the printer to auto retract the tray at the front and would like this to work.

Why have a feature and then cannot get anyone to make it work?

This topic is getting on a bit and it seems that Canon is not very helpful at all??

Why not admit or find a work around to get this to work?

Anything is better then just cheer silence - that is annoying and not helpful and puts peoples back up and gives very bad feeling and reviews that should not really be as they are good printers.

Hope this gets a definitive answer from someone from Canon please - so we can put this to bed.

rjsight
Apprentice

I bought the Canon TS 9120.  I got it all set with  wifi etc. When it printed it printed beautifully. However I kept getting errors about my front paper tray, needing to be registered. I registered the paper and had the settings correct. The feature of the "auto on" and "auto off tray retract" worked great. What a great feature, I thought. After getting numerous erroneous errors about the paper tray, not being registered, combined with the printer printing intermittently, I called tech support. My first call, and I was pleasantly surprised. I did as the tech suggested and as it turned out, I had a hardware issue. I was told that I was getting my printer replaced, and reeturn the old printer in the box provided. One week later:  I received the new printer went through all the setup etc. I set it up for the same settings as the pervious printer. It was very simple being that it was the same printer (TS 9120) down to the color. After a few printing jobs, it was printing great...No more printing issues but other issues followed. I called tech support and again, a nice experience...I got most of the issues resolved. But, the printer was not "auto tray retract as the first printer did. I called tech support again, and as it turns out the printer responds better to wifi 2.4 than wifi 5.0. I did as the tech told me, and issue got resloved. I mentioned to the tech about the "auto tray retractraction" and I turned off the printer, as the tech told me and the tray retracted by itself. Later print jobs, I noticed the the printer would shut down by itself, but the tray didn't auto retract.... It did retract the tray, if I turned it off, but not when it went off by itself. 

After having the new printer for about two-three weeks or so, I again called tech support. I gave the tech all of my history and explaining the difference between the first and second printer.  Essentially, the tech told me the TS 9120 dosn't auto retract...? I shared with him again of my experience with the first and second printer, and he came back with "tech documentation" and pages as to "it not auto retracting the paper tray in the TS 9120". I didn't argue with him but I felt that "he can't tell me of my experience". If that was the case why didn't the previous tech tell me?  All in all, I used to really like canon products but my opinion is changing quickly...

kengeorge99
Apprentice

Did the issue of the paper tray not retracting get resolved?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements