cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8120 print tray auto retract

timinct
Contributor

I have the printer set up to retract the tray upon power off in the eco mode.  It says that depending on the angle of the control panel it may not retract.  What is the angle supposed to be?  When you print the panel automatically opens and the tray comes out.  Without moving the panel angle it will not retract the tray when it powers down.  I tried opening the panel all the way up and it still did not retract the tray.  I tried closing the panel and it still did not retract the tray.

What angle does it need to be at????

If you print and do not move it then it should retract but it will not.

It appears that it does not matter what angle the control panel is in this functioin will not work.

I just bought it last week and it has the latestest firmware version.

13 REPLIES 13

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Visit the following link for details about how the front tray should be situated.

PIXMA TS8120 Front View

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This link says nothing about where the control panel should be so that it will retract the output tray when it powers off.

Your sending me email to accept this as a solution.  It is not.  This does not help at all.

Hi timinct,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just called technical support.  The person that helped was great, but after checking had no clear angle that the control panel needs to be at in order for the auto retract to work.  One thing I did discover is that if you hit the power button to turn it off a pop-up window appears asking if you want to auto-retract the tray.  After entering yes the tray retracts and the printer turns off.

The automatic operation that is described in the manual will not work.  This feature will not work on its own.  It has nothing to do with the angle of the operation panel as stated.  This is a firmare problem.

The only way for the output try to retract is manually turning off the printer.  Then you are given the option as previously stated and when selecting YES it will retract the output tray.  It will not do this automatically when it powers off by itself. 

This has nothing to do with the correct angle of the control panel.  This is failure in programming.  Only a firmware update will fix the problem.

Speaking of which why if it is programmed to open the conttrol panel and extend the output tray when printing, why will it not do the same in reverse???  It should retract the tray and close the panel.  Once again this is a firmware thing.

Come on Canon. Get with the program!

Two months later and still no response and no solution from Canon on this problem.  It shows they really care!

Hi timinct! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If the link does not work for you, you can reach them by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday to Friday from 10AM to 10PM ET. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

Well two months from my last post and no solution is far from "immediate".

If you took the time to read maybe you would see I already called support.

So I am sorry to sound snippy, but your reply does not help in any way.

Did the printer tray not retracting ever get resolved,I have the same problem

Announcements