cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8120 not scanning right...

Glasshead
Apprentice

For some reason it stop sending scans to my PC and when using cannon software on screen, error keeps showing up - 244.

It was working fine just 2 weeks ago. I reinstalled the software from the canon website, but no good.

What else can I try?

5 REPLIES 5

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET.

Thanks!

Ok, I guess more info would help.

Windows 10

usb connection

When I reinstalled the software, I shutdown the firewall also. I just did a scan 2 wks ago and everything work good, so now that I have some important document to scan, it won't work.

But I can find anywhere on how to fix the 244 code?

Thanks

Larry

Hi Glasshead,

Are you scanning directly from the operation panel on the printer or from IJ Scan Utility on the computer? When you open Devices and Printers from the control panel, is there a WS at the end of TS8100 series?

We look forward to your reply.

If you would like a real time response, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays). 

You can also chat with one of our chat agents by clicking HERE and then selecting the chat box and ask to speak to a live person.

I have tired both ways - control panel and Scan Utulity, I did a work around and was able to make things work.

I went into Printer & Devices section and was able to scan the documents that way. But there seems to be a problem with the computer not receiving the scan from the scanner.

I reinstalled the software twice and still nothing. It's really been a strange thing, for it worked good for the last year now & I just scanned a document 3 wks ago and it worked just fine.

No WS at the end of TS8100.

When trying to use the IJ Scan Utilily, I kept getting the 244 code. If I could figure out how to fix that code then things might work better.

Thanks

Hi Glasshead,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Announcements