cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8120 non-plain paper printing too dark

FKenFord
Apprentice

Hi All,

Printing to non-plain paper with my TS8120 is too dark. Printable discs (Verbatim BD-R), glossy paper, etc. Disc case covers were way dark with first glossy paper I tried (Staples Photo Supreme High Gloss) and are a little better with Staples Gloss White.

I tried a simple test of "pure" Red, Green, Blue, Magenta; plain paper via Google Docs looked spot-on. Other papers look dark (especially Blue -- 0x0000ff). Is it naive to assume that these colors should look basically "correct" for any output medium?

Also, AFAICT, any printer settings (via Windows 10 Printers & Scanners) have no effect for Easy-PhotoPrint Ex. This is what I use for printable discs and glossy paper for case covers.Specifically, I was trying to monkey with color settings, and I couldn't detect any change. Other things (like always print preview) were also ignored (Google Docs printing did honor this, at least).

I certainly could try Canon paper for covers, but discs would still be a problem. Of course, I can tweak images before printing, but that seems silly to have to do for "pure" colors, on any output medium.

Is this just the way it is for some media, especially with Easy-PhotoPrint Ex (I'm using 4.7)? Or is there something else I can try? It's not the end of the world... just annoying! Especially since I hate to use my precious, expensive ink on trouble-shooting.

Thanks,

Ken

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements