cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8120 Operation Panel will not close after printing

tahirtk
Apprentice

Hi,

I just bought TS8120 printer however uppon completion of printing nither the output tray retracts nor the operation panel closes. Please advize. 

Thank you,

T. 

6 REPLIES 6

BuyersR3m0rs3
Apprentice

There is an option that must be set for the tray to retract (I'm not certain whether it is enabled by default).  My tray retracts but the operation panel stay up, floating.  I haven't found any reference in the manual that it should automatically retract but since it automatically lifts up I would think so.  

Aside from that I am shocked at how poor the print reproduction is-- first Canon in a long time after a series of Epson printers.  Everything is coming out super washed out or just wrong.  I completed the auto-caliberate but no joy.  I mention all of this because it might not matter if the retract is a defect or a problem by design as mine will be on its way back.

Hope somebody answer's you (us).

Hi BuyersR3m0rs3,

You're the only one who responded and I appreciate that. I 100% agree, regarding the abysmal quality of Canon printers, this is my first and I am certain is last Canon printer. I used to had cheapo HP and even that was better functionally but never get HP Envy it's as bad as Canon. 

I could not find configuration that would retract tray and manual has no mention of this so called feature. 

Thanks agian for your response. 

Hi tahirtk,

The paper tray does not automatically close after printing.  This must be closed manaually.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a new TS8220.  Having same issue with the operational panel not automatically closing.  Don't see any information on how to properly close this panel.  Found a button which releases the gear and allows the panel to drop part way, but doesn't close.  Feel like I may break something by pushing panel down to close.  Leaving it up exposes internal components to dust, etc.  Same with back paper feeder, doesn't logically close.  Had to force holding clips, then push feeder down past clips to close. 

How should these be properly closed to protect the printer and not break anything? 

Are they even meant to be closed regularly?

Hi BuyersR3m0rs3,

Are you still experiencing poor print quality?  If so, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why is there a setting to auto retract output tray? Also mine does not auto retract on auto power down even though there is a setting to do so.

Ny print qualits is about the same as my last printer. Quality is OK maybe not as black as Epson.

If this is a fault should I return it?

Announcements