cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8020 not using any Gray ink?

kogaku
Contributor

My TS8020 (about a month old, still on original ink carts) is never using any Gray ink. Is this normal? I've tried changing quality settings, tried printing in grayscale, but it never uses any gray ink. (Screen cap below.)

TS8020 ink.JPG

9 REPLIES 9

kogaku
Contributor

Surely someone must know something!

Are other people experiencing the same GY ink behavior?

Do other people have their ink being used?

I'm not asking out of garden variety curiosity; I'm trying to determine if the printer is malfunctioning, and in need of being sent in for warranty service.

Hi kogaku!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during business hours or EMAIL 24 hours a day!

I tried the email link, but got this:

Invalid Parameters Specified
An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url.

Nevermind; I fixed the URL.

Argh...

Nevermind the nevermind!

The page it took me to had me log in, and once I did that I found a wealth of pages that seemed to offer everything other than a way to contact via email!

Oh no!

This link should get you to the email form: http://Canon.us/ContactCF

Thanks!

Your reply arrived just as I'd finally "fixed the fix" -- the first time I tried http://Canon.us/EmailCF it took me to the main login page (which I'd pasted into the link in my prior reply, having copied it from my browser's address line without looking at it).

I tried again, and this time it took me to:  Email Product Support

(Each time it redirected me from the EmailCF page. I guess somewhere along the line something or other must have hiccupped the first time.)

Update:

I was unable to send my email via Firefox. I'd typed my message, and clicked on the "Submit" button, but nothing happened. I then noticed that the button was disabled! (I'd previously discovered that the Connection Type and Operating System drop-downs were also disabled, but I assumed that was "by design" for whatever reason.)

I then loaded the URL into my Pale Moon browser, logged in, and used copy/paste to put my information (i.e., the message I'd typed, the printer SN, etc.) into the form on Pale Moon.

The "Submit" button was now activated -- it had a red background, rather than the light gray background it had in Firefox -- and, the two drop-downs mentioned above were also operational.

For whatever reason, the form would not function in Firefox! You might want to pass that along to whoever's responsible for maintaining browser compatibility.

This was a new experience for me! (Usually, it's Pale Moon that gives me compatibility issues, which I resolve by running Firefox.)

PS: I had ensured that NoScript and so forth were set so as to not interfere in any way. It seemed to me to be entirely due to some glitch that would not allow the form to operate when loaded in Firefox.

Hello.

The gray ink tank is used for certain shading situations when photo paper is the selected media type.  If you are using plain paper as the media type, the gray ink will not be used.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements