cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8020 Printer won't connect to computer with USB

lauwheels
Apprentice

I've tried restarting both devices, prompting with different software and this is the most finnicky device I've ever used. Only sometimes will it connect to print or scan, and there's nothing different I'm doing each time. Every time the cord is fully connected on both ends. When I can get it to print or scan, then it is completely incapable of switching functions back and forth between scan and print and will just stop recognizing my computer. 

Or when when I hit scan it will tell me it's processing, then absolutely nothing happens. The advice on the website is terrible. "make sure the machine is turned on and plugged in" of course, but nothing to follow up if you're having actual problems with the device. This is probably the worst machine I've ever used.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lauwheels,

I can understand your frustration and I would recommend that you contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays) for further troubleshooting. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

It's 6:44pm on a Wednesday and I called the support line listed and they said they are closed. I've attached the message that pops up when I try to open the scanning software, but it's wrong. Everything is connected, it used to work, and nothing has changed physically on either device or the cord.

I needed to scan some documents tonight because I'm being audited and now I won't get them in on time. This is so frustrating.Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 6.45.05 PM.png

Hi lauwheels,

This message can appear if there is a firewall or security setting on the computer that is blocking the scanner. You can try removing the printer/scanner from your computer and then reinstall it. If that does not work, you will need to speak to either Windows or Apple depending on your OS and have the troubleshoot the security settings.

Announcements