cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6220 will only print black with photo options

jcole
Apprentice

Everything has Been working perfectly, nothing new/changed. using Mac ElCapitan 10.11.6 -  Connected wifi

My PIXMA 6200 started printing as light gray and yet the Black ink cartridge is full.  Finally figured out if I choose "photo" as the media source, it prints perfectly, so the nozzle is fine and clean, but this selection also requires me to get up and confirm 'photo paper' on printer each time...PIA.   I uninstalled printer and reinstalled.  No luck.  Something is not communicating properly.  How might I fix this?  thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your printer uses two types of black ink.

Pigment based black for documents

Dye based black for photos

It sounds like something could be wrong with the BLK pigment based cartridge (ink delivery clogged or issue with the printhead), etc.

See this KB article

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART172541&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

Other options:

Change the media type from plain paper to photo and select "Always Print Using These Settings"...

Or

Troubleshoot further to determinie if there is a mechanical problem with the device.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements