cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6020 will not print from Dell laptop

PV1
Contributor

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and chosen printer as default. It prints a test page but will not print anything other than that. It prints from my desktop but not laptop. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, PV1!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

PV1...

Would you like help?

"It prints from my desktop but not laptop."

Laptop is running what OS?

Printer is connect to this device how?

Sorry, but you haven't provided enough information for us to even try to help.  What you have established is the printer is working with one computer, but not another.  So the issue is not with your printer, but with the other machine.

Are you able to print a simple .txt file?

Do you get an error message when you try to print from the laptop?  Providing actual actions with their actual results
(error messages, etc) can be more helpful than vague descriptions or no information at all.

Thanks

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Sorry - win10 laptop - connected wirelessly. Actually I did get it to work after this post. I saw that there were (for some strange reason) 2 printers - same type - installed. I deleted both and "add printer" function then got everything working. Of course I haven't tried printing today - when I do try to print again, if it fails, I will repost. Thanks again.

Thank you, that information is meaningful. 

So you had 2 printer instances in Device and Printers.  One using a valid port (communications method), and one not.

Good work on your part solving the issue.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements