cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6020 scanning problem

dinorat1
Apprentice

I'm on Mac OS 10.14.3 (Mojave). I have reinstalled both the regular drivers and the scan utility, and I keep getting the message '"A required file is missing or corrupted, or settings are incorrect. Try the installation again.' Is there any solution for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

Please install the latest CUPS Printer Driver, ICA Driver and IJ Scan Utility Ver 2.3.7.  Once these files have been downloaded and installed, perform the following:

1.  Click the Apple and choose System Preferences.  Then open the Printer and Scanners menu.

2.  Highlight and delete any copies of the Canon Printer listed on the left by clicking the minus (-) sign.

3.  If the printer is being used via USB, disconnect the cable.  Then wait a few seconds and reconnect.  A new copy should appear.

4.  If the printer is being used wirelessly, click the plus (+) sign and look for an option that says "Add printer or scanner".  Click this option when you see it.

5.  In the next window, click Default on the upper left corner.  Wait a few moments, then highlight the Network version of the printer (with a set of numbers, or Canon IJ Network in parentheses). 

6.  Click Add on the bottom right corner when it becomes available.

Once this has been done, open the IJ Scan Utility program to test the scanner.  The program can be found in the Canon Utilities folder in Applications.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dinorat1,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

I have this scanner. Yesterday I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.2 and now my scanner (again) doesn't work. I did check the TS6000 page and found new software and drivers. I downloaded them twice and installed them after each download and still get the "required file is missing or corrupted, or settings are incorrect."

It would be great if the solution to a common problem were available online.

Hi baamende.

The upgrade to Catalena may have its own challenges for the TS6020.  If the driver installation did not correct the problem, you will need to manually remove the old TS6000 series and Canon IJ Scanner drivers, then reinstall the latest drivers.  If you're not certain how to do this, please contact our support group for help at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

I also had a full day problem in upgrading my IJ Scan after downloading Catalina.

Thank goodness for representative "William" who, after long hold walked me through the entire process, I believe your problem maty be the same as mine . .

the driver page lists one download and two "optionals". They are NOT optional, you must download all three.

I hope this helps, if not, do try to get through to a representative, I have always found them so knowledgeable

Here is the link to the driver page: PIXMA MX922. or use whatever model you have.

Many thanks!

mobleymc
Apprentice

I'm on Catalina 10.15.5. My Canon TS6020 suddenly stopped scanning. I've removed and reinstalled the printer utility and updated the driver multiple times but still keep getting the error "A file is missing or corrupt, reinstall again". I can't tell you how frustrating this is.

Hello.

Please install the latest CUPS Printer Driver, ICA Driver and IJ Scan Utility Ver 2.3.7.  Once these files have been downloaded and installed, perform the following:

1.  Click the Apple and choose System Preferences.  Then open the Printer and Scanners menu.

2.  Highlight and delete any copies of the Canon Printer listed on the left by clicking the minus (-) sign.

3.  If the printer is being used via USB, disconnect the cable.  Then wait a few seconds and reconnect.  A new copy should appear.

4.  If the printer is being used wirelessly, click the plus (+) sign and look for an option that says "Add printer or scanner".  Click this option when you see it.

5.  In the next window, click Default on the upper left corner.  Wait a few moments, then highlight the Network version of the printer (with a set of numbers, or Canon IJ Network in parentheses). 

6.  Click Add on the bottom right corner when it becomes available.

Once this has been done, open the IJ Scan Utility program to test the scanner.  The program can be found in the Canon Utilities folder in Applications.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, this works!

there is no accept as solution button

Announcements