cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS5120 Printer won't print correct size even after registering correct paper size

khaugrud
Apprentice

I'm trying to print on 8.5 X 11 paper and it keeps printing smaller. I have registered the correct sizes in the rear tray and the front tray and it's still wrong. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Still wrong. I have the latest drive. Still wrong!! I am still getting the code 2114 and the wrong paper size keeps coming up. Can anyone help here?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

3 places where you can specify / register paper size.

Printer

Driver

Application you are printing from

Any one of these can affect or contridict the output.  

If you are geting 2114 error, see this article which may help identify where the settings are conflicting:

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : TS5100 series : 2114

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the help. I tried going to the article and going to the printers and scanners and "show printer web page" as directed I just get the following error: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Any ideas what that's about?

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

This is a certificate error displayed by your browser when accessing the printers built in web server. 

cert error.png

Press Advanced

Continue.png

Then Continue

Now make the desired changes to your printers settings via its webserver.  

Please note.  This is safe to do accessing the device on your home network when the destination is known to you.

When this is not safe:  When you visit an external website where that sites certificate, identity or issuer cannot be verified. 

MAC OS:

Since you provided your OS in another post, I can confirm that no driver for Big Sur exists currently.  Last official driver was certified for Catalina.  Dated 3-27-20.

The IJ Networking Tool could be all thats needed.  If you had the driver for Catalina installed and updated to Big Sur OS, the driver may not work properly.  Using a driver intended for a different OS might have unexpected results. 

An updated driver for Big Sur might become available, but we have no idea when or if this might occur.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements