cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS3100 wont print

Ouisseau
Contributor

Greetings

I keep getting the same error message but every thing is plugged in and working turning off and on does nothing.

Error   5200

Cause

Printer error has occurred.

What to Do

Turn off printer and unplug it.

After a while, plug in the printer again and turn it back on.

If this does not solve the problem, contact your nearest Canon service center to request a repair.

I would appreciate any assistance.

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solved the problem.

Took the printer back to the store and got a refund.

So simple.

George

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jamiross
Apprentice

Are you sure there isn't a paper jam? I came here and created an account to ask a the same question then decided to review the manual for my printer (a TR8520.) I had a very similar message but a different error code. Looking up the error code in the manual led me to pictures showing me how to clear a paper jam. I didn't see the paper in there the first time I looked, but after looking more closely and opening up the back, I did find and pulled out a jam. Would have been a lot easier if the error message just said "jam."

I don't think it has a jam as when It is turned on, after a few loud clicks, the printer shoots a blank page through the printer.

Another problem I think.

George

Ouisseau
Contributor
Printer won't print

Every thing, print page, preview properties are normal until I select "Print" Same resutl using WIFI or USB.

I keep getting the same error message but every thing is plugged in and working turning off and on does nothing.

Error   5200

Cause

Printer error has occurred.

What to Do

Turn off printer and unplug it.

After a while, plug in the printer again and turn it back on.

If this does not solve the problem, contact your nearest Canon service center to request a repair.

I would appreciate any assistance.

George

Hi, George!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Information on error 5200 can be found about 3/4 down on the following page:

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : TS3100 series : An Error Occurs

In addition to the steps below, I would recommend removing and reseating each cartridge

Then...

Turn off the device

Unplug from power

Wait 30 sec

Reconnect power and turn on

If the error persists, the printer will require service or replacement. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Solved the problem.

Took the printer back to the store and got a refund.

So simple.

George

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements