Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS 5150 doesn't print after firmware actualisation

Natalia
Apprentice

Hello,

maybe someone coud help 😞

I have a canon pixma ts 5150 printer (connects via bluetooth) and yesterday the firmware was updated. Since then the printer does not see any devices and cartridges (which are full).
We did reset but nothing helps.
The computer sees the printer but the printer does not respond to the print order.

Using Win 10.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

The only thing I can recommend after checking the user manual for your printer is to re-install the drivers and to run Canon's repair utility:

On your computer:

1. Log on as a user account with administrator privilege.
  2. Select Devices and Printers from the Start menu.
  3. Right-click the Canon XXX Printer icon (where "XXX" is your machine's name), then select Printer properties.
  4. Make sure that a port named USBnnn (where "n" is a number) with Canon XXX Printer appearing in the Printer column is selected for Print to the following ports(s).
  • If the setting is incorrect: Reinstall the MP drivers.
  • Printing dows not start even though the port named USBnnn is selected: Launch Canon My Printer from the task tray, select Diagnose and Repair Printer.  Follow the on-screen instructions to set the correct printer port, then select Canon XXX Printer.  If the problem is not resolved, reinstall the MP drivers.

This was found on page 850 from this Canon User Manual link. 

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks! 

I finally got a reply from the helpdesk.

If anyone else had a similar problem:
reset the printer's network settings (settings> device settings> reset settings> reset all)

Manually connect printer with router (by setting button), select LAN network, turn on wifi, select wireless LAN, select other settings> select manual connection

When router will be found, enter the router password, after connecting you're going to the next step - assigning a permanent IP address:
device settings button > select general settings > select TCP / IP settings > select ipv4, confirm YES > choose IP address > choose manually select >confirm YES, select / confirm the displayed ip address, subnet mask and gateway.

The printer saw the phone, laptop had to be reset.

Now the only problem is that the printer does not see ink substitutes, but maybe I can handle it Smiley LOL

Announcements