cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRS8520 suddenly stopped scanning--?

fredericamg
Contributor

My TRS8520 has done a great job scanning for years. As of today, "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX2 cannot be found." When I open the Scanner Selector EX2, it says "Select the scanner you want to use from this computer," but it does not list any--it is blank. 

I reinstalled the software and other functions work fine (no problem printing). And if I go to the Control Panel, right-click the TRS8520 icon, and click "Start Scan," it scans! 

But how can I get the Scan Utility to work again? It was great. Very handy. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fredericamg,

Please follow these steps to resolve this issue:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon TR8500 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all TR8500's are removed.

5.  Click 1 time on one of the other printers installed.

6.  At the top, click on Print Server Properties.

7.  Click on the Driver tab.

8.  Click on the TR8500 in the list.  Click the Remove button at the bottom.

9.  Choose Remove driver and driver package and click OK.

10.  Click Yes and then Delete.

11.  Repeat until all TR8500s are removed from the list.

12.  Click Close to close that window.

13.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

14.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

15.  Click once on "Canon TR8500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

16.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

17.  Click once on "IJ Scan Utility'.  Click Uninstall at the top and follow the on screen prompts to uninstall.

18.  Click once on "IJ Scanner Selector EX".  Click Uninstall at the top and follow the on screen prompts to uninstall.

19.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

fredericamg
Contributor

PSn When I click the Scan Utility icon in my taskbar, I'm seeing this error message:

scanner failure.jpg

Hi, fredericamg!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fredericamg,

Please follow these steps to resolve this issue:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon TR8500 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all TR8500's are removed.

5.  Click 1 time on one of the other printers installed.

6.  At the top, click on Print Server Properties.

7.  Click on the Driver tab.

8.  Click on the TR8500 in the list.  Click the Remove button at the bottom.

9.  Choose Remove driver and driver package and click OK.

10.  Click Yes and then Delete.

11.  Repeat until all TR8500s are removed from the list.

12.  Click Close to close that window.

13.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

14.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

15.  Click once on "Canon TR8500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

16.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

17.  Click once on "IJ Scan Utility'.  Click Uninstall at the top and follow the on screen prompts to uninstall.

18.  Click once on "IJ Scanner Selector EX".  Click Uninstall at the top and follow the on screen prompts to uninstall.

19.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you! This worked!

Announcements