cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520

Paula3
Apprentice

My TR8520 printer says it is connected to my internet, but when setting it up wireless it always runs into a connection fail. I have done all of the steps it says to follow after that and the connection still fails. If anyone knows anything about fixing this please let me know! Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Paula3,

Who is the manufacturer of your router and what is the model number of your router?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The manufacturer is Linksys with the model number being EA6100.

Hi Paula3.

The router you list is capable of supporting both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connections, while the TR8520 is only capable of communicating on a 2.4 GHz connection. Most such routers will keep devices connected to the 2.4 GHz separate from those connected to the 5 GHz, to maintain the faster 5G speeds.

Try switching your computer or mobile device to the 2.4 GHz connection, or check your router's admin console for a setting that will allow cross-communication.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Paula3
Apprentice
How do I change my computer from the 5GHz to the 2.4 GHz?

Hi Paula3,

When the connection fails, it can be caused by the router being too far from the printer or that the password is being entered incorrectly on the printer.

Let's try using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Push Button method:

1.  Please select the gear icon at the bottom of the display of your PIXMA TR8520

2.  Select Settings

3.  Select Device Settings

4.  Select LAN settings

5.  Select Wireless LAN

6.  Select Wireless LAN setup

7.  Select WPS (Push button method)

8.  Press OK

9.  Press the WPS button on your router and the press OK on the PIXMA TR8520

The WPS button on your router is on the back, it is the blue button with two curved arrows

Untitled.jpg

Your PIXMA TR8520 should now be connected to your wireless network.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements