cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 won't scan using USB

CWest
Apprentice

Hi, I have a TR8520 and it doesn't want to scan.  I have it hooked up to a USB and I run windows 10. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CWest,

When you attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility, what is the exact wording of the error message that you get?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry for the delay in answering.  I select "Scan" then "save to the PC", screen changes to "Processing....Please wait momentarily" screen goes back to the same screen after you select "save to PC" and nothing happens.  I feel like it doesn't have a connection to my computer although the USB is plugged in to the PC and the printer. Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CWest,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Windows Start button on the lower left hand corner.

2.  Click on the Canon Utilities folder.

3.  Click on the IJ Scan Utility.

4.  Click the PHOTO button.

Are you able to scan?  If not, what is the exact wording of the error message that you get?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No not able to scan.  First screen "Scanner is warming up...Do notopen the document cover", next screen "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons: Scanner turned off. blah blah blah (let me know if you need all the rest of what it says.

I should also mention that we had to re-set up the printer and so there is the original printer named Canon TR8520 and now one that's named Canon TR8520 Copy 1.  Do I need to change the scanner on my computer to the Copy 1 printer???

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CWest,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements