cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 won't copy from ADF

Ahenryplotts
Apprentice

Brand new TR8520 multi-function print/copy/scan/fax won't copy from the ADF. I've tried everything from the manual - at least I think I have - and it's still not working. Help! 

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ahenryplotts,

So we can best assist you, we would need some more information to help narrow down this issue.

1. When you put the paper into the ADF do your hear a beep?
  2. What type of paper is loaded in the printer?
  3. Are you trying to copy multiple pages or perform a 2 sided copy?

We look forward to your reply.

If this is a time sensitive matter, please contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST. 

Having a similar issue.

2 year old TR8520 multi-function print/copy/scan/fax doesn't feed paper from the ADF.

When I put the paper into the ADF, I don't hear a beep.

My guides are properly set.

Please advise what to do?

Regards

Hi user10166,

Please follow the steps on the following page to load paper in the ADF of your PIXMA TR8520:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TR8500%20series/EN/UG/ug_l_03_03_c.html

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am totally upset. I bought this printer from Target about a year ago. I thought it was upsetting when I realized two months after I purchased it that you stopped making ink for it, but recently I have had to fax, but I can't. NO MATTER WHAT I DO there is something wrong with you ADF and it won't fax. It says it's jammed, but it's not jammed. I know how to work printers and faxes. This is something that is wrong from Canon end. I am totally at my witts end! I have feeling you KNOW THERE WAS A PROBLEM AND STOPPED PRODUCTION TO THE POINT OF EVEN INK. I trust your product. I have many products made by you. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE ADF portion of your multi purpose printer/scanner/copier/Fax. Every other part of this machine works fine... BUT YOU CAN'T FAX!

Announcements