cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 takes "forever" to release after printing a document

edstevens
Contributor

Recently purchased TR8520.  I have 3 laptops. 1) Windows 10 Pro.  2) Ubuntu 16.04  3) Windows 7 Pro.  All downloaded and installed drivers with no problems. (I was actually expecting problems with the Ubuntu machine).  After printing a document from (say from the Win7) the document prints, but the printer continues to say "Printing ...) and the "printers" control panel on the laptop continues to report the job is still printing.  And if there are multiple print jobs they will of course all wait for the first one to comlete.  This can take 5, 10 minutes or more before it will finally clear the job status and allow the next document to print.

5 REPLIES 5

BatmanSwicth
Apprentice
I experience the same thing with the g5040 device...(

@BatmanSwicth wrote:
I experience the same thing with the g5040 device...(

Greetings,

Different printer, different environment, likely a different issue.  You should start your own thread providing specifics about your OS, type of connecton, etc.  Seems you did that here:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/PIXMA-G5040-printing-queue-is-stuck-on-each-fil...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

@edstevens wrote:

Latest update ,, after over an hour it is still stuck.  Printer itself says "Processing".  Printer queue on PC says "Deleting".  Printer control on PC says "Printer not responding".

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

How is this priter connected to these devices.  Wired/Wireless network, etc?  Provide specifics on the type of device and connection.  Something is likely not installed correctly as you will not get print jobs, then see "deleting" in the print queue.  I suggest you stick with one OS for troubleshooting, as we cannot provide support across 3 different operating systems reliably.  Pick one and resolve the issues one system at a time.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ok, one device. Dell Inspiron 3621 running Win7.  Wireless connection to home network.  Printer is also wireless connected.

Hi edstevens,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

edstevens
Contributor

Latest update ,, after over an hour it is still stuck.  Printer itself says "Processing".  Printer queue on PC says "Deleting".  Printer control on PC says "Printer not responding".

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements