TR8520 set up/installation

marks1
Apprentice

printer set up does not work,getting message 'connection failed '

6 REPLIES 6

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Canon Forums.

We appreciate your participation, however, for the community to best assist you can you provide us with the following information:

1. Operating System of the computer?
  2. How is your printer connected? 

If you are in the USA and need immediate assistance please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to help! If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

windows 8

wireless

Hi. 

Thank you for providing the support telephone number! I've been going in circles trying to find the answer online to why my TR8500 series has stopped scanning. I can print and copy with no problem, but the scan function is non-responsive whether I try to execute from the unit's screen or my P.C. There's no troubleshooting info available except to check connections and they are all working for all other functions so what else could it be. Possibly the recent updates I've had to Windows 10? It didn't affect the other functions. I'm wthin arms length between computer and print unit. The high-speed modem and router are within 8ft. The only other electronics using bandwidth was the cable T.V. so I shut that down just to be sure there was no conflict in signal strengh. I still can get the machine to even power up to try to prepare to scan. Any ideas? Do I need to update the drivers?

Thanks!

marks1
Apprentice

still not working,"cannot create output file"

Hi marks1,

Please follow the steps provided in the following article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162911

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

marks1
Apprentice
started working,not sure what happened
Announcements