TR8520 scanning

JackBquick
Apprentice

how do you scan to save on desktop, running TR8520 with Mac OS

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi, JackBquick.

Scannint from the TR8520 to a Mac will require the IJ Scan Utility Lite.  It's available, free of charge, on the TR8520 Drivers & Downloads page, Software tab.

Once the IJ Scan Utility Lite is installed, it will be available inside the "Applications \ Canon Utilities \ IJ Scan Utility" folder.  Directions for scanning from the IJ Scan Utility Lite may be found in the Scan section of the TR8500 series Online Manual.  You may need to open the IJ Scan Utility Lite on the computer once before TR8520 will be able to recognize the computer as a valid scanning destination. 

Depending on the version of Mac OS, you may also need to add access permissions in the computer's security settings.  Refer to Apple Support (non-Canon link: http://support.apple.com ) for help with system settings.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for responding, however, my question was "how to scan TO desktop".  Do I have to search and find folders to find the scan? This scanner does not give an option to desktop.  My old MX922 scanned so easily.  I did the "Lite" thing, all I want to find the way for saving to desktop.

Hello JackBquick.

Scanning to your desktop computer (the Mac) from the printer's operation panel requires both the IJ Scan Utility Lite to be installed on the computer, and for the Mac computer and its security software to allow the signals from the printer, across a wireless or USB connection, to push the scan data onto the computer.  Once those have been set up correctly, you may tap Scan on the printer's Home screen, select the appropriate scan type, and proceed.

Scanning to the Desktop folder on the computer requires you to set the scanning destination folder, separately for each scan option you wish to post files there, in the IJ Scan Utility Lite settings.  At the top-left of the IJ Scan Utility Settings screen, select the first tab for the IJ Scan Utility Lite's buttons or the second tab for the printer operation panel scan options.  Select the specific scan option in the left sidebar, and then click on Save In.  To add a folder, select Add... from the pop-up menu, then click  (Plus) in the displayed dialog and specify the destination folder.  This must be done separately for each individual scan option for which you wish to send scanned output to the Desktop folder.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements