cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 problem won't print

mary2020
Apprentice

I replaced the ink and no I am getting "processing please wait momentarily" message when I try to print a test picture pattern.  I press "stop" and it goes back to home screen.  Everything else working, internet connection good.  No print jobs stuck in the que.  If I go to turn it off, I get the "ending please wait momentarily".  Frustrated, any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Boogie007
Contributor
My TR8520 does the same thing, but i find if i wait long enough the printer will go ahead and print, same way with ending. They are very slow processors.

mary2020
Apprentice
So I did use ink cartridges not Canon but supposed to be compatible and issue with printing...however I put the old cartridges back in and it then tried to work but gave out if ink error...can I somehow stuck the ink out of the new and put in the old maybe with a needle? I think its the replacement cartridges are the issue

I agree the replacement cartridges may be the problem.  Bigger problem is having Cann and other printer manufacturers have programmed the printers to only accept their cartridges.  There are articles to this affect on line and i believe them.  my printer worked fine one day, even with replacement cartridges, and the next day, after a Canon update the printer would not print correctly.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For testing purposes, restart your Windows or Mac computer.  Next, perform a copy directly from the Copy menu of the printer.  Does this delay also occur when you perform copies directly from the printer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Not sure what delay you are referring to?  Yes the printer is always slow, but that has nothing to do with the failure to print in black and white that is the subject of my post.

one thing i have found is that if i uncheck the box for grayscale printing, and uncheck the box for save ink i do get better results, which is unusual because it goes against the idea of grayscale.

Announcements