cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 printer wired connection from router to printer sometimes not printing to MacBook Pro

Csmith94404
Apprentice

Hi, I have a TR8520 printer with a wired connection (ethernet cable) running from my Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band wifi router (model R8000) to the printer. The printer works fine on my Windows 10 laptop, but sometimes will not print to my  Macbook Pro running macOS Catalina. It will show that the printer is offline, even though it is connected.

I had this same issue with my Mac when I had a wireless connection, I thought by connecting directly to the router it would fix the issue, but it will randomly still not print to my Mac. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Ethernet is by far more reliable than wireless.  It also offers better performance.

Are you using correct drivers for the printer on your MAC?  Many times people install their printer, and upgrade the OS on their MAC leaving it unable to communicate with the printer reliably.

There isn't a individual driver for Catalina, but there is a full installer package for the TR8520 under Catalina.

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwODkyMTA0&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

I'd start by removing the printer and all Canon Applications.  Restart.  Then re-install using the package above.

You can install any of the additional optional components if you wish.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s... 

If these steps don't help.  Assigning the printer a static IP address would be the next solution I'd try..  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Thanks for providing the link for the installer package. I did have the Catalina OS on my system before I installed the printer, and just downloaded the installer from the Canon site, I'm not sure what version it was. I will reinstall and see if this package works.

Thanks,

Chris

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements