cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 pinter message set the PC to start Scanning

gtownann
Apprentice

Cannot scan using printer buttons.  Works fine to copy and print.  When trying to scan on printer, get message

"set Printer to start Scanning"  I can scan from the computer by going into the scan utility.

This is a new computer.  

10 REPLIES 10

Crista
Whiz

Hi gtownann!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using (Windows 7/8/10 or Mac OS X 10._). 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team can help HERE

Thanks!

My Canon TR8520 used to work proprly - now all I get is "set pc to printing" ------- I have a macbook pro, macOSmojave, version: 10.14.6.  This is serious - where is the answer??????  Nothing posted to date has worked, thanx, Jack3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jack3,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please click one time on the desktop so that "Finder" appears in the upper left corner.

2.  To the right of Finder, click on GO and then Applications.

3.  In the Applications folder, please click on the IJ Scan Utility folder and then the IJ Scan Utility to open that application.

4.  Place an item face down on the scan glass.

5.  Click the PHOTO button on the IJ Scan Utility.

Are you able to scan?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did find a somewhat acceptable response by using the 'System Preference' tool to get into PTR, but I still could not print a multi page doc.

I took PTR offline/off network - reloaded PTR software and then reconnected PTR to my net.  Problem solved.  Thanx for the teams suggestions and help.  Jack3

What does PTR stand for?

Hi, When I click once on the desktop, nothing happens.  I tried clicking on it twice.  I tried right clicking on it.  Nothing happens.  Where else can I find the "Finder" thing? I could press Start from my scanner this morning, but now I can't.  Why is this??  I get to where I'm supposed to choose black or color, and then I get this set the PC to start scanning message, with no instructions on what that means, why it's now showing up, or what to do about it.  Thanks for any help!

I have Windows 10.  Am I also supposed to have something called Finger on my desktop?  What would be the instructions for fixing this Set the PC to start scanning error on a Windows 10 OS?  Thanks again!

Hello, melimeg!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The above answers are referring to macOS. Since you're on Windows 10, your instructions will be different. 

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Thank you!  Do you have a set of the Windows 10 instructions that you could post here?

Announcements