cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 - missing driver "XP.com"

dajazzmanrmr
Apprentice

I replaced an MG6500 series inkjet with a TR8520 and after the install I deleted the drivers for the old printer. Apparently the driver used by the scanner XP.com got deleted also, and now my scanner on the new printer won't work. I tried reinstalling the new software and it still won't work. Where can I get a copy of XP.com and reinstall it?

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dajazzmanrmr,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm using Windows !0, and as I previously stated after  deleting the old drivers for my previous printer after installing my new printer the system started giving me the msg "unable to load XP.COM"...

Greetings,

While different, these Canon models do share some similar programming.  Because of this, removing drivers for one might remove others that the other printer depends on.

Since you have tried reinstalling unsuccessfully, I would remove the TR8520, and uninstall all of its drivers.  Now restart.

Now reinstall the printer

Note: If you are using a USB connection, do not connect the printer again until you are prompted to do so during the installation. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you, I'll give it a shot....

Announcements