cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 duplex printing delay.

knsunberg
Contributor

I just installed a brand new TR8520.  When printing in duplex there is a 7-8 second delay between printing the front side and back side of each sheet.  Is this normal?

Update: I think I now understand correctly that this delay is for the purpose of ink drying and that the delay period can be adjusted in the "maintenance" settings.  Now my problem is that the printer doesn't seem to accept changes in that setting.  What am I missing now?

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi knsunberg,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer? 

If you would like to speak with someone immediately,  please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays). You can also chat with one of our chat agents by clicking HERE and then selecting the chat box and ask to speak to a live person.

One laptop with Windows 7 SP1.

One laptop with Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763.

The symptom is the same from both computers.  The setting window is presented and allows me to move the slide designed to change the delay but there is no resulting change in the behavior of the printer.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our phone support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I plan to contact the phone support group sometime this week.

I haven't taken time to contact phone support group but will add some information...
If I use one computer to change the "delay period" and then connect from a second computer I see the changed setting, i.e. the printer is receiving/storing the changed setting but the behavior of the printer does not change accordingly.
Announcements